6 replies to this topic

#1 bobsy

bobsy

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

I have been having problems understanding the greening up feature on Bet Angel. Can anyone explain how to use it please?

I think it is a great application but it is very powerful and there are a few things I dont understand with it.

also, what is the best way to use it, I mean with trading, do you think I can make good money with it?

thanks in advance

#2 jrp

jrp

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

Hi bobsy,

Bet Angel is a really neat piece of software to trade on Betfair although a bit cluttered in it's visual representation, however you MUST be cognisant of what trading entails to use it profitably.

From memory Bet Angel has a "training" mode that allows you to use their software in real time without committing funds - suggest you try this and also view their excellent online tutorials to see if its suits your style and level of undertanding.

The "greening" up feature needs to worked at - ie you have to have had the right selection(s) and circumstances (ie laid low/backed high) in order to convert over to a "win-win" situation, again tutorials and paper trading for a short while are the only ways to find out for yourself here.

Bet Angel's cost of sub £100 makes it an ideal way of experimenting whether or not it's for you but remember, you "pull" the levers and "press" the proverbial buttons so try it out and let us all know your thoughts....

I tried it some time ago and found it really good in applications terms - it was this that gave me the spark to do my own thing.

Trade well.

#3 jrp

jrp

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hi again bobsy

Oops, dyslexia rules ko....! Apologies for my previous post, I was referring to Bet-IE and not Bet Angel - all this software starting off with "Bet" gets me real confused.

Let me know how you get on with Bet Angel; good luck and trade well.

#4 jrp

jrp

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hi Bobsy

Are you using Bet Angel Basic or Bet Angel Pro? If the latter, what do you think of the Excel function? Can you give any details/screen shots on how this is set out in a typical spreadsheet?

Trade well and regards.

#5 top mug

top mug

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:26 PM

Greening-up.

If you've traded a particular selection successfully and have a pre-race profit of say £15 for that horse, the greening up button will lay a specific amount at the current lay price (or back if you are -£15) to ensure that £15 profit is spread across the whole field.
If current odds are 2.0 for example the green-up facility will take your £15, divide by current odds of 2.0 being £7.50 and lay that horse for £7.50. If he wins your profit is £15(trading profit) - £7.50(lay bet) = £7.50 and if he loses you also win £7.50 as you've laid him.
Remeber that if you're in profit you're better off greening up at the lowest possible price and if you're minus then green up at the highest possible price. Don't, however, be tempted to attempt to green up in play.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Zak

QUOTE(jrp @ Apr 30 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

Hi bobsy,

Bet Angel is a really neat piece of software to trade on Betfair although a bit cluttered in it's visual representation, however you MUST be cognisant of what trading entails to use it profitably.

From memory Bet Angel has a "training" mode that allows you to use their software in real time without committing funds - suggest you try this and also view their excellent online tutorials to see if its suits your style and level of undertanding.

The "greening" up feature needs to worked at - ie you have to have had the right selection(s) and circumstances (ie laid low/backed high) in order to convert over to a "win-win" situation, again tutorials and paper trading for a short while are the only ways to find out for yourself here.

Bet Angel's cost of sub £100 makes it an ideal way of experimenting whether or not it's for you but remember, you "pull" the levers and "press" the proverbial buttons so try it out and let us all know your thoughts....

I tried it some time ago and found it really good in applications terms - it was this that gave me the spark to do my own thing.

Trade well.

#6 littlemickie

littlemickie

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Top Mug
please excuse me if this is obvious but I am new to this game and Bet Angel..I am referring to the bit where you say its best to green up at the highest price when you are in minus.
Does that mean if you are say £50 in loss on the favourite you can hit the greening up button and it will spread a lesser loss on to all the horses in the race ?
regards
Michael

#7 RaioZ

RaioZ

LTO Newbie!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Bet Angel?? No, I won't advise you this bot program, because it is very hard to get it through and make it working. besides some bugs are there too..
have You thought about Bet-IE? I think it is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Online Payment Processing